I wanted to put it out on the interwebs my artistic talent with the nonsensical swirls and evil alien venus flytraps I did for my candle "shadowmaker" (doesn't hold ANYTHING. wonder if I could fix that?) and my cutting sample. Err. Sawing and piercing sample.
My punching pieces - called such because making them made my want to punch them in their anthropomorphized faces.
I had fun making the rough drafts. I enjoyed taking heat to both the copper pieces and turning them colors other than orange and red. The parts in between made my rather murderous.
I should take more time sawing. I shouldn't try and force my saw into places it doesn't fit.
I should sand-blast the damn things to make finishing half a billion times easier. (Or is that cheating, oh glorious leader?)
CAN you sandblast a piece and the finish be something attractive? I know sandblasting glass makes it vaguely opaque and like seaglass. What does it do to metal?
That's a question worth asking.
I WONDER WHAT ETCHING CREAM DOES TO METAL!?!?!
I'm all experimental now.
A selection of decorative containers and boxes
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment