Friday, January 29, 2010

Shiny things make me happy.

I'm gleeful that Etsy is on the Project Object/Object' Institutions of Note' sidebar. I'm very supportive of the Indie/Handmade/Vintage movement. Shanalogic is also a good website, though very cutesie and very much pedaled to the scene-emo-japanophile teen set. There are still some very good pieces there, like the Love-o-meter necklace. I have it in brass.

My jewelry designs are most likely going to be influenced by the Steampunk aesthetic.

Other things I'm prone to designing
  • Exotic flower motifs (I have an obsession with orchids and lilies)
  • Symbols related to paganism and new age ideology
  • abstracted musical instruments and notes (Ask me about how I think cellos are gorgeous)
  • serif typography patterning (Ask me about how I think the lower-case "a" is the most beautiful letter in the English language)

I'm looking forward to fleshing out the design of this blog. It's going to be a beautiful blog about beautiful things!

1 comment: